Week of June 15, 2013
Hulu’s got some weird ones for us this week:
- From documentary master Les Blank–Always for Pleasure, a doc about some strange ish going down in New Orleans.
- You know how they sell penis-shaped novelty items for bachelorette parties and stuff? Well, in 1936 this Japanese chick decided she wanted the real thing to carry around in her handbag. If you want to know more, you’re sick. But check out Sada from Japanese director Nobuhiko Obayashi.
- Yoo-Hoo, Mrs. Goldberg takes a look into the life of sitcom pioneer Gertrude Berg, who I’d never heard of but is apparently kind of a big deal. Check it out. Learn something.
- In TV, take a trip around the globe with OHM:TV which released a slew of episodes targeting topics from religion to motocross.
- Stay away from NBC’s new “comedy” series Camp. It’s just…no.
- Other than that, there are (can you believe it?) even more obscure Japanese anime series available. So if shows with names like Hyperdimension Neptunia tickle your curiosity, check ‘em out. And let me know if it’s worth the time.